1) It will bring fans of each series together. I’m sure there are some people who love Iron Man, but didn’t go to see Thor, and visa versa, so bringing the fans together will result in a very large fan base.
2) They have a Hulk. Haha really though, The Hulk is up there with Batman and Spiderman as one of the more popular superheroes, and maybe his past two films didn’t do outstanding as far as grossing. But, if they advertise this right and show the Hulk alongside with all these other heroes, I feel they could gain a few more millions.
3) This is the first Marvel film produced by Disney, and Disney knows how to market their movies. This may be the biggest reason of them all. Disney will start marketing the hell out of this movie, because they’re freakin’ Disney.
4) Broader age range for the audience. Let’s be honest, and I’m not calling The Avengers childish, but this movie will be much more appealing to the younger audiences than the dark and gritty TDKR. I feel that there are going to be a lot more kids running to see The Avengers than TDKR.
5) Lack of the Joker in TDKR. First off, let me say that I am definitely not a DC hater, I love the Nolan Batman series. It’s just that this is the conclusion to the series, and the lack of the Joker is just a really big turn off, at least for me. I feel there has got to be a lot of others who feel the same way. I’m still very excited for the TDKR regardless, just not as excited as I would be if Heath Ledger as The Joker were present.
Eh, I kind of agree with #2.
As for #5….The Avengers have Loki :)
Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway & Gary Oldman on set of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
First Look: Henry Cavill as Superman
Why The Flash is awesome.
DC Comics’ flagship title is relaunched for the first time ever in DETECTIVE COMICS #1 by acclaimed writer/artist Tony Daniel. Marking the first time Batman will appear in a debut issue of Detective Comics, the series will find Bruce Wayne on the trail of a dangerous serial killer known only as the Gotham Ripper.
Super-Hero Chuck Taylor Converse Shoe Collection
Superman One | Wonder Woman | The Joker | Superman Two | Batman
It’s funny, back when I was young, I couldn’t understand why Bruce never used the plane… why he always chose to drive the streets, moving on the ground through the alleys, when he could have just soared above it all. But I get it now. Because even back then he understood that Gotham is a place you can never get above, a place you can never see clearly. Everytime you try to get some purchase, the city changes beneath you, surprising you in new, terrible ways. So why try? That was Bruce’s attitude back then. It’s still his attitude now. You stay low, close to the fight. It’s all about the fight now, today, in front of you.
I can’t help it though. I’m built differently. Because there’s something about seeing Gotham from the sky that energizes me, gives me hope, if only for a moment…
Detective Comics #876